Violence shatters a woman’s identity and makes her lose sight of herself and of her unique resources.
Being able to spot the toxic relationships and power dynamics underlying the phenomenon of gender-based violence represents the first, necessary step to break the cycle of violence, rebuild self-esteem and create a personal life plan for the future.
The Mariposa project provides new tools that can help women affected by gender-based violence to identify the unhealthy dynamics in which they are involved and overcome them through the development of a personal life plan and orientation towards relevant professional support. At the same time, we intend to guide peers and supporters in encouraging the empowerment of women affected by gender-based violence and developing support networks and campaigns for the prevention and fight against gender-based violence.
- Supporting women affected by gender-based violence to break away from the cycle of violence, rebuild self-esteem and create a life plan for a future free from violence
- Guiding peers and supporters in encouraging the empowerment of women affected by gender-based violence
- Developing support networks and building campaigns for the prevention and fight against gender-based violence
- “ME and My Resources”, an interactive online tool supporting women affected by gender-based violence to identify their resources and set objectives through the use of symbols
- “EmpowerME”, an interactive online tool supporting women affected by gender-based violence to reflect on their coping mechanisms and emotions for their empowerment and self-help through the use of symbols
- A Guide for Peer-to-Peer Support, with instructions on how to support women affected by gender-based violence and encourage their empowerment
- A Guide on Networking and Campaigning, for anyone who wants to campaign against gender-based violence
- Asociación Caminos, https://www.asoccaminos.org/ (Spain, coordinator)
- Asociatia Habilitas, https://www.habilitas.ro/ (Romania)
- GeSoB (Society for Social Research and Education), https://www.gesob.at/ (Austria)
- CESIE, www.cesie.org (Italy)
- Elan Interculturel, www.elaninterculturel.com (France)
- EDRA, https://www.edra-coop.gr/en/ (Greece)
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.